Monday, May 21, 2018

Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #29 - Summer Mood Board

happy Monday!
let's start this week off with a NEW challenge over at the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge blog!



this time...we want to see you make something inspired by this amazing summer themed mood board!!



this was so fun for me! summer is the BEST thing to create projects for! ha!



i couldn't help but make a layout for this challenge - I'm sorry to all of you who are card fans!So fun! I love it!
I was inspired by those stripes, the colors and the water!



I used the Ocean Wave Border dies to create masks. I placed them on the white cardstock, and then used Distress Paints in Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch to add the paint!
once it was dry, I used the packaging techinique to fill in the color in the same, coordinating Distress Ink colors!
then I die cut out some white waves using the same dies, and added my journaling on top of those - which I also stitched on with my sewing machine!



I stamped and fussy cut out a few of the mer-menn from the Mermaid for You stamp set and used them as embellishments on my layout! I love the two hugging, like my little Menn! I added to the title (and for the date!) with Harold's ABCs and did heat embossing to add them to the layout! 

I really can't WAIT for you to play along! you could win a $25 gift certificate to Lawn Fawn!!!!
enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D